1. Please tell us your Hand Name (name that’s used ONLY in internet.) and hometown.
Most people call my Steph or Faye (but the first one is actually only used by people I also meet in real life a lot). I live in a small town near to Munich, Germany.
2. About how long is your history as a Lolita?
I became interested in the fashion 4 years ago, and I wear it since the first AnCafé-concert in Munich (which was in 2008?).
3. What first motivated you to do Lolita fashion?
I don’t know. I was actually more into Visual Kei, but the girly character of Lolita matched my Style way more, so I got motivated by this, I guess. Or, to put it simply: VK just didn’t suit me XD But Lolita luckily does <3
4. After knowing Lolita fashion, have you had any time-gap or resistance till you actually started to be Lolita?
Oh yeah, the time when I was a bit into emo- and later skater-fashion XDDDD terrible fail-time, I tell you! Luckily there don’t exist any pictures of this LOL
5. Please define your Lolita style as much as possible. (eg. gothic Lolita, sweet Lolita, white Lolita…. Etc).
I like simple colours/pattern/prints, so I’m mainly wearing Gothic, Classic, Sweet (but with dark colours and not so much Accessoires) but lately I like Punk & Sailor a lot! (I still didn’t wear it, though)
6. About how many Lolita friends do you have?
I have a little “circle” of friends I meet at our local meet-ups. My closest Lolita-friends are also the co-admins for the meetings we organize ^_^ we also meet up apart from the events^^
7. What is the best thing about doing Lolita?
This is difficult! I guess the best thing is that, though you’re standing out of the mass, there are a lot of people you can identify yourself with. And for me it’s also a pretty good thing that I can live my girly side. Because when I’m not wearing Lolita, I’m not as girly as I am while being Lolita XD It helps me a lot to be more female, to be more myself.
8. Conversely, what's the worst thing?
People thinking that I’m not in my right mind. The way you dress has nothing to do with your mental health.
9. Which Lolita Brands do you like?
Baby the stars shine bright (though it’s sometimes more hate-love), Metamorphose temps de fille, Mary Magdalane & Innocent World.
10. What was the first Lolita item that you’ve owned?
Tough one. I guess it’s a set I sew together with my granny. But unfortunately, it doesn’t fit me anymore D: It’s too short, but I can’t sell it either!
11. What is the “must have!” Lolita item?
Petticoat & Headbow, I guess.
12. Do you wear drawers?
Yeah, esp. when it’s cold outside.
13. Do you have any favorite Japanese music?
I’m mainly into JPop (my biggest passion is Johnny’s Entertainment :D), but I like a few rori-like musicians such as Kokusyoku Sumire or Wakeshima Kanon.
14. Where do you particularly visit as Lolita?
Shopping and on our meet-ups (the locations are mainly castles)
15. About how many times per week do you dress as Lolita?
4 days a week, depends how the weather or my mood is. I often wear it in my free time (not completely styled then)
16. Please tell us about one embarrassing episode from the time when you were just beginning Lolita.
I guess it was a typical ita-outfit with too much lace, no petticoat and bad make-up. XD
Ah, once I tried to mix Lolita & Decora. I think I don’t have to mention that I terribly failed, right? XD
17. What's hairstyle and color that you think Lolita would suit the most?
Curls are always good, but a Bob or beautiful straight hair is also nice. I like natural colours, I’m not into those OTT-wigs.^^”
18. Have you ever thought of stopping Lolita? The reason?
Oh yeah, I actually did. Not on purpose, though XD It was just the time when I was very active in the JE-Fandom and didn’t have any money for Lolita left.
19. Please tell us your heart's bible as a Lolita. (anything like a book, magazine, CD, idol...)
GLB of course. I often read Kera, either. And ELLE ;P Sometimes, when I try to make my outfits more hime-like, I try to get inspired by Popteen. But I use this magazine mainly for my casual-outfits, when I’m at school or going out.
20. Do you own a doll? Tell us your feelings about her intensely!
Honestly: I’m too scared of dolls. BJDs are okay, but seriously, I cannot afford these while buying CDs/DVDs/Magazine and expensive clothes in Japan. XD
21. What kind of make-up do you wear when you wear Lolita clothes?
Important for me is that my skin looks natural. I like simple make-up, sometimes fake eye-lashes. I also love red lipstick.
22. Have you ever secretly changed clothes in a train station bathroom on Lolita day-out?
No. I go proud through public places. If I don’t want anyone to look, I can stay at home. Sometimes it’s a bit difficult in the small town where I live, though. But I mainly ignore the people there.
23. Are you composed when doing Lolita all by yourself?
24. How much do you spend in your Lolita clothes& accessory monthly?
Oh yeah. Now it’s getting difficult. I always have to decide (every month!) wether I buy something new from Johnny’s or new clothes. So if I buy sth for Lolita, it’s always between 50-150€
25. What is the most expensive Lolita thing you've bought so far? How much was it?
The Mothergoose JSK form baby the stars shine bright. 200€. MY BABY. <3
26. So far about how much has the expense been for Lolita goods?
Uff. I bought a lot 2nd Hand, then I’ve sewn many Items on my own… I guess meanwhile it’s been about 500 €, I guess. I don’t know exactly.
27. Lolita outfit really costs money. How do you raise money to cover the cost of Lolita?
I save it. It’s hard, because I really hate my part-time job, but I’m totally lucky when I finally have new items in my hands. <3
28. Have you ever bought from an online store? If so, please tell us its good and bad points and some advice for the future. If not, please tell us why not.
I mainly buy 2nd Hand (egl_comm_sales & dunkelsüß flohmarkt)
Ah, I once bought at Yesstyle! XD
29. Even if you sort of want to keep it a secret, please clandestinely tell us about a private manufacturer that is the best.
IchIgo-Betty, one of the co-admins sews really pretty stuff! But she does it only for herself ;P
30. Is there a brand and/or an item that you think, "I could never get it! But I unreasonably want it!"?
Baby’s Masquerade Theater. I’d kill for this dress. I swear.
31. What do you think about people who only do Lolita at music-lives or cosplay?
It’s the same with punks who do it only for concerts: as long as they don’t criticize how I do it and wear the fashion correctly, I don’t mind.
32. From what age to what age is it acceptable to do Lolita? Do you think that there's a state in which someone must graduate from Lolita?
Well, I wouldn’t recommend Lolita to a 65-year-old granny XD But I actually guess, Lolita is ageless. You just have to choose the right style.
33. Is there a Lolita fashion or behavior that you think "I don't want Lolitas to do this!" about?
Hm. Having sex in public isn’t really appropriate for Lolita. (XDDDDD)
34. Is there something you think "Lolita has to be this way!" about?
Girly, I guess. If it’s not Kodona. Or Aristocrat.
35. While doing Lolita, has something changed from earlier than you did Lolita?
I’ve become more interested (and advanced! XD) in fashion! And I’ve improved tolerating others. I’ve also become more self-confident, so… yeah, a lot has changed XD
36. Do you go to school/work as Lolita?
No. My clothes are too cool/expensive for school. 8D And I won’t go to work in Lolita, either, because I want to become a nurse XD
37. Do you wear Lolita clothes as casual wear?
38. Do you have a boyfriend (or husband)? Do you understand each other?
No I don’t. But honestly, I don’t know if I could accept someone who doesn’t like my lifestyle. It’s not only about Lolita, it’s about fashion as a whole thing which defines my lifestyle.
39. What do the people around you think of your doing Lolita? Do they accept it?
My Family mainly likes it. Although my mother often complains about the money I spend. Some of my friends aren’t really interested in it. But most of my friends (they’re all kinda related to Japanese fandom) like it and support me. ^_~
40. What kind of Lolita is who has impressed you the most up until now?
Lolitas who have a difficult life (such as a child to raise or so) and have find the power, money, etc to wear it.
41. Have you ever made your own Lolita clothing or/and accessories? If so, what was the best item that you’ve made?
I used to sew my clothes, but I’ve been way too busy with school lately that I can’t do it anymore. ;_;
42. If you have an ideal Lolita outfit or coordination, please tell us.
The coordinate with my Musical Note JSK. I wore it together with a blazer from NewYorker.
43. Is there a motif that you think “this is a simple of Lolita”?
44. Would you want to dress your children as Lolita?
If it suits them, why not? But I don’t want to force them X
45. What's your image of the ideal Lolita?
A girl who has fun wearing Lolita and doesn’t care about bitching & drama.