1. Please tell us your Hand Name (name that’s used ONLY in internet.) and hometown.
People on the internet call me Candy. I don't really like my first name. My hometown was NewYork!
2. About how long is your history as a Lolita?
I became interested in Lolita through manga actually. The main character was wearing lolita and so I googled the fashion and became addicted! I've done it for only 1 year. I consider myself, a novice.
3. What first motivated you to do Lolita fashion?
Myself. I though that it was such a pretty fashion, that's why I wanted to dress in it.
4. After knowing Lolita fashion, have you had any time-gap or resistance till you actually started to be Lolita?
Yep! I wanted to do a little more research about it before I actually tried it.
5. Please define your Lolita style as much as possible. (eg. gothic Lolita, sweet Lolita, white Lolita…. Etc).
I'm definitely sweet! I love the pastel sweet prints, my favorite color is pink! I just love everything about sweet lolita.
6. About how many Lolita friends do you have?
None of my real friends are into lolita, sadly. But my community where I live has tons of meet up's. Although I'm not that good of friends with them and I don't know them that well because I'm not very active. I hope to in the future.
7. What is the best thing about doing Lolita?
Your being yourself and not caring what other people think!
8. Conversely, what's the worst thing?
When people think they know everything about the fashion or when people are just mean...
9. Which Lolita Brands do you like?
All of them! But I don't really care for the punk or gothic brands (simply because I'm not into gothic lolita) Angelic Pretty, Meta, BTSSB, and bodyline are my favorites! I can't fit into brand, but I can look on from afar and drool over them lol.
10. What was the first Lolita item that you’ve owned?
A pink JSK
11. What is the “must have!” Lolita item?
12. Do you wear drawers?
No, I don't have any at the moment.
13. Do you have any favorite Japanese music?
Yes! Jpop is my life! I like Hello Project and I'm very into all girl jpop groups like Perfume, Morning Musume, Berryz Koubou, SKE48, etc...
14. Where do you particularly visit as Lolita?
I dress lolita only at meet up's which are usually outside at a park, movies, museums, etc. but also anime conventions too.
15. About how many times per week do you dress as Lolita?
Barley ever, sadly!
16. Please tell us about one embarrassing episode from the time when you were just beginning Lolita.
UGH. my first meet up, I looked horrible! I had no makeup on, my hair was in messy pigtails, and my socks had bad lace on them and kept falling down. I want to forget I ever went out that day D:
17. What's hairstyle and color that you think Lolita would suit the most?
Curls definitely! Curls and lolita just look so perfect together.
18. Have you ever thought of stopping Lolita? The reason?
Yes! I'm plus sized, so finding clothes for me is hard. Also, I often think I suit Lolita. But I will never stop simply because I can't. I'm too sucked in! (that's a good thing)
19. Please tell us your heart's bible as a Lolita. (anything like a book, magazine, CD, idol...)
I have 3 of the english G&LB's. I really like Maki from AP.
20. Do you own a doll? Tell us your feelings about her intensely!
I own no BJD. They are cute! But not something I'm interested in.
21. What kind of make-up do you wear when you wear Lolita clothes?
I don't wear any make up. period, on a normal school day, But with lolita, I would. I'd have to get my sister (who's a makeup whizz) to help me!
22. Have you ever secretly changed clothes in a train station bathroom on Lolita day-out?
Not ever! I'm proud of what I'm wearing.
23. Are you composed when doing Lolita all by yourself?
I try to be *laughs*
24. How much do you spend in your Lolita clothes& accessory monthly?
Not very much. under $300
25. What is the most expensive Lolita thing you've bought so far? How much was it?
None of the items I have are expensive! They were all under $100 *___*
26. So far about how much has the expense been for Lolita goods?
That's a good question. Definitely under $600 total. I don't have much *cries*
27. Lolita outfit really costs money. How do you raise money to cover the cost of Lolita?
Yes. I save my money good because I really want to buy clothes. I only use my money to buy books.
28. Have you ever bought from an online store? If so, please tell us its good and bad points and some advice for the future. If not, please tell us why not.
Yep, In the Starlight and Bodyline. Both of those experiences were positive.
29. Even if you sort of want to keep it a secret, please clandestinely tell us about a private manufacturer that is the best.
30. Is there a brand and/or an item that you think, "I could never get it! But I unreasonably want it!"?
Not at the moment.
31. What do you think about people who only do Lolita at music-lives or cosplay?
I don't mind if they do it because I do it too! I think they have their reasons
32. From what age to what age is it acceptable to do Lolita? Do you think that there's a state in which someone must graduate from Lolita?
Nope. Lolita has no age!
33. Is there a Lolita fashion or behavior that you think "I don't want Lolitas to do this!" about?
I can't think of any now!!
34. Is there something you think "Lolita has to be this way!" about?
I think you need to put your best efforts in dressing the fashion
35. While doing Lolita, has something changed from earlier than you did Lolita?
I've started to get motivated about losing weight. To fit into clothes and for my health!
36. Do you go to school/work as Lolita?
Nope. Not enough clothes to do that.
37. Do you wear Lolita clothes as casual wear?
38. Do you have a boyfriend (or husband)? Do you understand each other?
No. I admire those that do :D
39. What do the people around you think of your doing Lolita? Do they accept it?
Yep! My family is totally fine with it and all of my friends thinks it's cool, but would never dress in it themselves.
40. What kind of Lolita is who has impressed you the most up until now?
Plus sized lolitas, who look stunning!
41. Have you ever made your own Lolita clothing or/and accessories? If so, what was the best item that you’ve made?
Yes. I made a head bow, but it was really flat and hand sewed. I wish I had a sewing machine!
42. If you have an ideal Lolita outfit or coordination, please tell us.
A whole outfit consisted of all pink without looking to crazy or weird.
43. Is there a motif that you think “this is a simple of Lolita”?
knee high socks!
44. Would you want to dress your children as Lolita?
Yes! That would be really cute.
45. What's your image of the ideal Lolita?
A girl who wears it confidently not caring what others say about her.