1. Please tell us your Hand Name (name that’s used ONLY in internet.) and hometown.
I have lots, and each have different pieces of me they represent.... Firaphrin, Tenephin, Spitecat, Soultoast, Zeek Wilde and Oleander. The last two are the ones I use the most right now. Oh, and my hometown is Rohnert Park.
2. About how long is your history as a Lolita?
3 years, approximately, though I guess my interest started before that. But it seriously began when the first English bible came out, I followed the fashion pretty closely until they stopped making them.
3. What first motivated you to do Lolita fashion?
My motivations: it was cute, different and reminded me of the purity I constantly strived for as a child. It was angelic and still pretty outrageous. The first lolita thing I saw was in Shoujo Beat, there was an article on Nana Kitade. After that I was hooked (though ironically I don't listen to her music).
4. After knowing Lolita fashion, have you had any time-gap or resistance till you actually started to be Lolita?
Yeah! there was a big gap between the beginning of my interest and now. It's hard to explain, it's like there was two years in the middle where I did nothing but obsess about videogames and pretend to be a boy. But I've come back to lolita in the past few months. I never stopped loving my lolita clothes.
5. Please define your Lolita style as much as possible. (eg. gothic Lolita, sweet Lolita, white Lolita…. Etc).
Creepy Sweetie! or Kowai Kawaii, or Special Kei. Depending when you ask. I love the sweet look, but I'm really comfortable in black. I don't like looking sexy or even particularly grown up.
6. About how many Lolita friends do you have?
7. What is the best thing about doing Lolita?
It's pretty! I have never had so many beautiful things around me before!
8. Conversely, what's the worst thing?
The anxiety I have about the community. I don't feel like I'm good enough. I'm also lonely but I can't do anything about it because I am too shy. ;_;
9. Which Lolita Brands do you like?
BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT, Angelic Pretty, Anna House, etc... I don't play favorites too much.
10. What was the first Lolita item that you’ve owned?
First LEGIT lolita item was a Metamorphose skirt. I still have it and I still love it! <3
(before that I had a lot of Ita shit I made, and found items from vintage stores.)
11. What is the “must have!” Lolita item?
A comfy, plain white blouse. And a nice fluffy petticoat.
12. Do you wear drawers?
13. Do you have any favorite Japanese music?
Tommy Heavenly/February6, Kanon Wakeshima, SweetS, Malice Mizer, Brown Eyed Girls...oh wait they're korean....
14. Where do you particularly visit as Lolita?
THE MALL, or San Fransisco.
15. About how many times per week do you dress as Lolita?
One, if I'm lucky. :/
16. Please tell us about one embarrassing episode from the time when you were just beginning Lolita.
Oh, lord. The first day of High School, I wore a pink vintage dress (with no petticoat or proper drawers), black short socks and shoes, and plain black armwarmers. On my heat was a tiny handmade bow that barely matched the dress. And I had purple hair. THE HORROR. And there was worse after that too. *weeps*
17. What's hairstyle and color that you think Lolita would suit the most?
I like curls and a natural hair color. Myself I have very short boy-hair, not curly at all. But the most lolita-suitable hair IMO is medium-length and curly. So Lovely~!
18. Have you ever thought of stopping Lolita? The reason?
Yes. I'm afraid I don't have what it takes, and I am so scattered. I feel guilty spending money on such things and I wear boring stuff almost every day anyway... but I love the look, I could never give it up, I think.
19. Please tell us your heart's bible as a Lolita. (anything like a book, magazine, CD, idol...)
The Gothic and Lolita Bible, KERA magazine... all the Lolita books and mooks I own. they are such inspiration to me. I love the sweetness they hold and they have never failed to give me a warm feeling.
20. Do you own a doll? Tell us your feelings about her intensely!
I own ten! 9 girls and one boy. 6 Blythes, 2 Pullips and 2 BJDS. My blythes are Etoile, Eva, Bobbi, Phranc, Arrow and Rhoda. They are all such sweet girls! Etoile is the youngest (in personality, not years) and my secret favorite. She dresses in lolita sometimes and looks so cute! My pullips are both more grown-up. They are alice and Li-Wu, they are the troublemakers. Lastly my BJDS: Tommy and Vladimir. Tommy is a spunky girl and Vlad, her big brother, is a recovering heroin addict, or at least insanely stoned all the time. He is the most intellectually underdeveloped of the family but we love him, and he's a gorgeous boy.
21. What kind of make-up do you wear when you wear Lolita clothes?
Very light make-up. Light pink lipstic, foundation, pink eyeshadow with eyeliner, and only sometimes a little blush.
22. Have you ever secretly changed clothes in a train station bathroom on Lolita day-out?
Nope! I never go out alone. I am one of those...
23. Are you composed when doing Lolita all by yourself?
Yes. I don't care who I'm doing lolita with, even if it's no one at all.
24. How much do you spend in your Lolita clothes& accessory monthly?
As much as I can afford. XD
25. What is the most expensive Lolita thing you've bought so far? How much was it?
the most expensive thing *I'VE* bought is a BtSSB JSK at 145$. I love it dearly. My mum bought me the Magical Etoile skirt/sock/headband set in black and that was way more, though. 300$ at least. I love that damn thing. 0________0
26. So far about how much has the expense been for Lolita goods?
I don't want to count it all, so let's just go with... 900 or so?
27. Lolita outfit really costs money. How do you raise money to cover the cost of Lolita?
My allowance, and a lot of patience.
28. Have you ever bought from an online store? If so, please tell us its good and bad points and some advice for the future. If not, please tell us why not.
YEAH BABY. I have ordered from Candy Violet, Anna House, Baby the Stars Shine Bright, Metamorphose, Momo's Handicrafts(shudder) and EGL_comm_sales(dunno if that counts). My advice: Be patient and do your research.
29. Even if you sort of want to keep it a secret, please clandestinely tell us about a private manufacturer that is the best.
...Naw. Oh, naw. I ain't gonna say it.
OKAY FINE. ALL QUTIELAND SELLERS ARE HELLA BOSS.
30. Is there a brand and/or an item that you think, "I could never get it! But I unreasonably want it!"?
Most anything Angelic Pretty ever offered. I love their wacky stuff, as well as their uber-sweet prints I can never afford.
31. What do you think about people who only do Lolita at music-lives or cosplay?
I tolerate them, but... maybe want to eat their babies. Just a little.
32. From what age to what age is it acceptable to do Lolita? Do you think that there's a state in which someone must graduate from Lolita?
From when you hear about it on your own to when you decide to stop doing it.
33. Is there a Lolita fashion or behavior that you think "I don't want Lolitas to do this!" about?
Being a CUPCAKE FART. That is, letting the fashion degenerate into "well that's nice dear but that lace is worse than the stuff my poodle leaves in my neigbor's yard"
34. Is there something you think "Lolita has to be this way!" about?
I try not to think that way, but... I believe a lolita has to remember her inner kindness, modesty and good taste.
35. While doing Lolita, has something changed from earlier than you did Lolita?
I don't wear stuff I KNOW looks bad anymore. I am a lot better at saving money.
36. Do you go to school/work as Lolita?
37. Do you wear Lolita clothes as casual wear?
38. Do you have a boyfriend (or husband)? Do you understand each other?
No. I am forever alone/ a resbian.
39. What do the people around you think of your doing Lolita? Do they accept it?.
I dunno. I only care about what my parents think, and they don't seem to mind.
40. What kind of Lolita is who has impressed you the most up until now?
OTT SWEET. Holy mother of potatoes, can those ladies ACCESSORIZE.
41. Have you ever made your own Lolita clothing or/and accessories? If so, what was the best item that you've made?
Yes... they all embarrass me so far. My best item is probably the bows I have made. they are small, and flaws are hard to see. I have made numerous accessories, a skirt, a cape, and a lot of fail headbows and headdresses.
42. If you have an ideal Lolita outfit or coordination, please tell us.
I want to see some super sweet look that also somehow looks creepy, without losing its charm.
43. Is there a motif that you think “this is a staple of Lolita”?
A motif, as in a design, Not really. Sweets and cute things in general.
44. Would you want to dress your children as Lolita?
I don't know! ...Maybe?
45. What's your image of the ideal Lolita?
A girl who is very nice and genuine, who is sensible and wears what she likes when she wants to. She is cute and knows how to accessorize without looking silly, though she isn't afraid to.