Suitetwentytwo. And I don't give out the secret location of my base of operations. Gotta keep my secret identity a secret. (shhhhh)
2. About how long is your history as a Lolita?
I've been dressing in Lolita for a year, but I was interested in it for a year before that.
3. What first motivated you to do Lolita fashion?
I liked it and really wanted to wear it. That simple.
4. After knowing Lolita fashion, have you had any time-gap or resistance till you actually started to be Lolita?
Like I said. I knew about it for a year before every wearing it. I don't wear it very often right now, because my wardrobe is small.
5. Please define your Lolita style as much as possible. (eg. gothic Lolita, sweet Lolita, white Lolita…. Etc).
Um...anything I happen to like. I probably will never wear a sweet or classic coord because they don't suit me, but I love bending the rules and mixing styles. I'm a loli rulebreaker. And I really love punk.
6. About how many Lolita friends do you have?
A handful from my local comm.
7. What is the best thing about doing Lolita?
8. Conversely, what's the worst thing?
hmmm, probably the attention it can draw you. But I haven't had any negative attention yet, which is good.
9. Which Lolita Brands do you like?
I'm more of a 'I like this print,' 'I hate this print' kind of person, so I like and hate prints from all the brands.
10. What was the first Lolita item that you’ve owned?
A red and black skirt I recieved as a birthday present from the first Lolita I ever met in real life. She's still my friend too!
11. What is the “must have!” Lolita item?
Whatever I like at the moment.
12. Do you wear drawers?
No, but only because I don't currently own any.
13. Do you have any favourite Japanese music?
I'm more a K-Pop girl, but I do love Utada Hikaru.
14. Where do you particularly visit as Lolita?
Meetups mostly. I don't have the courage to wear it on my own very often.
15. About how many times per week do you dress as Lolita?
Not a lot. Like I said, I wear lolita mostly to meetups.
16. Please tell us about one embarrassing episode from the time when you were
just beginning Lolita.
hmmm. I have so many embarrassing moments in general I can't really think of any. I've been very fortunate to meet some lovely loli's who've helped me stear clear of any major mistakes. I haven't really had any ita days.
Edit: That's a lie. I thought of something. I haven't ever dressed ita, but I made a rather embarrassing post on egl back in the day. I found a site that sells 'loli' dresses and saw one I really liked (I still think it was pretty.) So I made an egl post about it asking what people thought. I made the mistake of not looking around the site a bit more beforehand, or I would have realized that the majority of the dresses were very ita and not so Lolita. Needless to say, the responses to my post were...interesting. (I thought of another embarrassing moment, but I've already forgotten it again. Lucky me.)
17. What's hairstyle and color that you think Lolita would suite the most?
All of them?
18. Have you ever thought of stopping Lolita? The reason?
Occasionally because I don't have much money, but I always convince myself not to.
19. Please tell us your heart's bible as a Lolita. (anything like a book, magazine, CD, idol...)
I don't really have one.
20. Do you own a doll? Tell us your feelings about her intensely!
No. I kind of find pullips and bjd's creepy. No offense.
21. What kind of make-up do you wear when you wear Lolita clothes?
Nothing unusual. I don't wear a lot of makeup normally. I hope to get better with my makeup though.
22. Have you ever secretly changed clothes in a train station bathroom on Lolita day-out?
No, but I've done things like that out of Lolita, so I'm sure I will in Lolita eventually.
23. Are you composed when doing Lolita all by yourself?
Like I said, I don't really have the confidence to wear it out by myself yet.
24. How much do you spend in your Lolita clothes& accessary monthly?
I don't buy a lot of Lolita things. Don't have the money right now.
25. What is the most expensive Lolita thing you've bought so far? How much was it?
Probably one of the english GLB's. I've made some of my Lolita and then found most everything else off-brand. And then I have a few things I recieved as gifts. So i haven't spent too much on the actual clothes.
26. So far about how much has the expense been for Lolita goods?
27. Lolita outfit really costs money. How do you raise money to cover the cost of
I have a job, but I also look in mainstream stores and thrift shops, etc. for loliable things. My wardrobe is very limited right now.
28. Have you ever bought from an online store? If so, please tell us its good
and bad points and some advice for the future. If not, please tell us why not.
I have not. Because I don't have the money.
29. Even if you sort of want to keep it a secret, please clandestinely tell us
about a private manufacturer that is the best.
I wouldn't know.
30. Is there a brand and/or an item that you think, "I could never get it! But I unreasonably want it!"?
Some of the prints done by brands. I could never afford nor fit into them.
31. What do you think about people who only do Lolita at music-lives or cosplay?
It doesn't bother me.
32. From what age to what age is it acceptable to do Lolita? Do you think that there's a state in which someone must graduate from
Lolita? (you can answer as ‘never graduate’)
I think it's different for each person.
33. Is there a Lolita fashion or behavior that you think "I don't want Lolitas to do this!" about?
Yeah, but I can't really control that, so I try not to worry about it.
34. Is there something you think "Lolita has to be this way!" about?
No. Other then creating the proper silhouette.
35. While doing Lolita, has something changed from earlier than you did Lolita?
36. Do you go to school/work as Lolita?
37. Do you wear Lolita clothes as casual wear?
38. Do you have a boyfriend (or husband)? Do you understand each other? (I think she meant “Does he understand you (as lolita)?”)
39. What do the people around you think of your doing Lolita? Do they accept it?
Most people are either ambivelant, think it's cool, or are already Lolita. My father really loves it actually, which I did not expect. (He's a redneck, hunter, country boy.)
40. What kind of Lolita is who has impressed you the most up until now?
The Lolita's in my local comm. They are all so lovely and great!
41. Have you ever made your own Lolita clothing or/and accessories? If so, what was the best item that you’ve made?
Yes. I've made a blouse, skirt, sleeveless tail coat (that needs to be redone), mini top hat, and some little accessories. I'm pretty proud of all of them, since I hate major sewing projects and feel these all turned out well.
42. If you have an ideal Lolita outfit or coordination, please tell us.
I have lots of coordinate ideas, so no, I don't have an ideal.
43. Is there a motif that you think “this is a simple of Lolita”?
44. Would you want to dress your children as Lolita?
If they want.
45. What's your image of the ideal Lolita?
I don't have one. A human being maybe?